Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Revival!

I am back blog friends! For all three of you that read and actually care ;)

I decided to start this whole food blogging thing all over again. Not necessarily to make myself accountable for what I eat but just as an outlet to talk about food (which Jay says I talk about too much). So no pictures today since this decision just came upon me but breakfast was a green smoothie...in the mix:

1 giant spoonful of Fage 0% Greek Yogurt
1/2 scoop of Amazing Grass
1/2 scoop of strawberry protein powder
1 cup of frozen organic mango
1 whole banana
2 heaping handfuls of spinach
splash of water

Unfortunately I am not lucky enough like the other food bloggers I read every day to own a Vitamix (a girl can dream, there is one in my future, but it may be distant future) so it takes me a few minutes to make my smoothies but they are always worth the effort.

Between breakfast and lunch I had a bowl of oatmeal with almonds, 1/2 scoop of protein powder, and of course, my beloved pumpkin butter. After searching half the globe for this stuff, I finally found some at a local farm stand near my work. And I bought five jars. True story. You never know when they will run out and I cannot LIVE without pumpkin butter.

Lunch was a delicious chicken salad wrap from the same farm stand mentioned above that had fresh cranberries and walnuts. I actually had forgotten that I saved half of the wrap from lunch yesterday and brought a lunch from home, but that lunch is now actually going to be dinner.

Dinner will be leftover orange-glazed tofu and quinoa with a side of spiralized zucchini with a dressing of Trader Joe's awesome salsa. I love love love that salsa. I eat it straight out of the container when no one is looking...and sometimes even when they are...what do I care? It's healthy! And yes, I spiralized my zucchini! I was actually very excited about purchasing a spiralizer (since I can't afford any of the other high tech raw foodie gadgets) and was extremely pleased with how easy to use and clean it was. I will be spiralizing all of my veggies now! Well probably not ALL of them...but definetly the zucchini at least. I also think I have some leftover wheat chocolate cookies that I made last week that I can have for dessert :) Those cookies were one of my experiments that was not quite a fail, but definetly not a win. They taste delicious, but are very crumbly, so I will have to tweak the recipe a bit to make them bind together a little better. That same night I was playing food scientist with the cookies, I also gave black bean brownies a whirl. FAIL. Of epic proportions. I can eat just about anything, but I could not even eat these. The whole batch went in the garbage. Ick.

Anywhoo...Jay and I are off to beautiful DC for the weekend! For reference, this is what I'm bringing along for snacks/meals while we are away to ensure I stick to my 2/3 raw diet. Of course, my 1/3 cooked diet on Saturday is going to include lunch at ESPN zone in a lounge chair with a big plate of fries with a side of sour cream ;) You know you're jealous! Mind you all the food I'm listing here is not just for me, I am planning on sharing the granola bars and mixed fruit with Jay on the drive.

6 granola bars
4 containers of baby carrots
3 containers of mixed fruit (oranges and strawberries)
4 apples
4 bananas
1 container of hummus
1 big container of chopped veggies for my sandwiches
pitas
small container of mozzarella
3 bowls of oatmeal
1 Jar of pumpkin butter

I will probably not be blogging from the road unless Jay brings his computer, but I will take pictures of all my food for you guys while I am away, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment