I'm 28 going on 80. Practically overnight I can feel the chains of death pulling me closer to it's evil grip. Ok, so maybe that's a little dramatic. I actually have no problem with aging at all...just like Joan Rivers.
The signs are all there. Here are the signs that I am getting old fast...
1. Hangovers. In college, my hangover would last an hour. Pop a tylenol, eat some greasy leftover pizza for breakfast and I was good to go! What time does the next party start? Not anymore friends. Now, I need Motrin 500s, a full breakfast, an extra 5 hours of sleep, and another twelve hours lying on the couch recovering. Getting drunk is now a full three day event...one day of actual drinking and then two more for recovery.
2. I'm tired by 9pm everynight. Which leads me to #3...
3. I can fall asleep anywhere. Sitting up. Propped up. Laying down. On the bus. At work. Mid-conversation.
4. Eating too much fiber now has detrimental consequences. Gone are the days of eating indiscriminantly whatever and whenever I feel like it. I now notice that eating certain combinations of foods can have disasterous effects.
5. My idea of a great Friday night is dinner with the boy, movie at home on the couch, in bed by 10. Quality time!
6. Liking Justin Bieber music makes me feel like a pedophile. Sure I loved New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys back in the day, but back then they were age appropriate for me. What is my excuse for loving Justin Bieber??
7. U2 is now played on classic rock stations. When did this happen?
8. I sometimes wonder if muscle soreness is a sign of early onset arthritis. And then I hobble around like an old lady.
9. Cleavage. As in, I hate showing it now because it makes me feel unprofessional. Plus as you get older, things look better covered up. In college, it was the more boobage the better!!! Oh I miss those days when showing the goodies actually got you some where.
10. I constantly find myself having "remember when" conversations with my friends. As in, remember that movie The Sandlot? Or, remember that time we ran from the cops in high school with our twelve pack of natty ice? Or, remember when slap bracelets were cool?
What has you feeling old these days?