Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Break Up

No, not the movie. Even though it was a good movie.

I'm talking about me. I just wanted to let you guys no that you will no longer be hearing about "the boy" on the blog. He is no longer. I am not going to get into details here on the blog, because honestly, it wasn't pretty. I know that's a tease...if I were you I would be all "give us the DIRT dammit" but out of respect for him and our relationship, suffice it to say we are no longer together.

So remember how I said on Friday I would have some fun things to post about? Well those fun things involved the boy, so they never happened. Instead I spent the majority of the weekend on the couch. Finally on Sunday, I took a shower for the first time in 2 days and met my friend Kristen for lunch and shopping. Nothing cures heartache like retail therapy. And boy was it therapeutic.

















Unfortunately I didn't take any food pictures all weekend either because I pretty much only ate cereal for two days. I was too depressed to make actual food and wanted to eat up the boy's cereal so I wouldn't have to look at it and be reminded of him. I did get back to eating normally yesterday though. Everyone needs a few days off the diet wagon after a bad break up.

Breakfast was a yogurt bowl per usual with Chobani vanilla yogurt, a banana, honey, and granola.



















Lunch was a Balsamic Chicken Wrap minus the pesto because I was out of it.
















Snacks included an apple and carrots with my homemade hummus. I also had an unpictured Caramel Macchiato from the 'Bucks.






























Dinner was an unpictured cranberry walnut salad. In the mix was mixed greens, chicken, dried cranberries, and walnuts with a cranberry vinegarette. It was a perfect day of eats for me, I'm very proud of myself.

I do have a full week planned of dinners and activities with my friends. Having a full schedule will keep my mind off of everything and for that I am very grateful. I have the best friends a girl could ask for :)

Have you ever been through a bad breakup? How did you deal with it?

19 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your bad weekend. I'm a true believer that everything happens for a reason! If it wasn't for my bad breakups...I would have never found my hubby, who is better than I could have ever imagined. I know it's so hard at 1st after a break up, but you can look forward to every day getting better and better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry to hear about this :(

    I also believe everything happens for a reason, so it may seem bad now, but it will get better!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been through a couple bad breakups and I totally lose my appetite too, it can be so hard! Keeping busy is the best thing to do, but personally I also need to schedule time to be sad. Yeah, I schedule it - I tell myself if I go do this fun thing I can be sad later, and then bonus if you're actually not sad later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no :( I have been through some pretty awful breakups but always came away from them a stronger person. It seems like in the moment that is never possible but I assure you it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry, Steph! :( If you need anything...more retail therapy or a beer or something, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry Steph! Breakups are NEVER easy but shopping does help ease the pain a little. I went through a REALLY rough breakup in December, but since it meant I could get to where I am now I am thankful for it. So glad to hear you have such wonderful friends to take care of you through it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear! I was in your place just a couple of months ago- and to be honest-I think break ups deserve as much un healthy eating as needed, and some GREAT gym days. It will definitely get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry about your weekend! You just need to take time for yourself, surround yourself with friends and regroup! While it may not seem like it to you now, you will get through this and be stronger for it! If you need anything, please do not hesitate to contact me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh. Sorry to hear the bad news... but seriously who needs a boy anyway!?!?!AND bad break up make for some killer workouts. (I signed up for boxing and now pretend it's his head.) Just sayin! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, so sorry to hear! Time really does heal all wounds. But I've been there before and it sucks at first. Throwing yourself into activities with your friends will definitely help you move forward. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about the break up :(. They can be awful. Once I got dumped in an Applebees parking lot after almost 2 years together. It will be ok, and it will get better. yay for retail therapy though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. :( break ups are hard, that is for sure. I've been through a horrible break up before. Looking back, now that I'm married and extremely happy, I can see that it was ALL for the better and the guy was NOT worth my tears, but it took a lot of healing and good friends to get through it. I'm glad you have that for yourself! Chin up and move forward....better things to come!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry to hear about your breakup!!! Keeping busy is good, but don't be afraid to let out a good cry every now and then! Even if its in the shower while listening to Chicago songs...

    ReplyDelete
  14. love you lady! :-) you and I both know you are better off ;-) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  15. so sorry to hear about your break up, they're never easy. that's for sure. you're doing the right thing by keeping yourself busy. you might also want to sign up for a new class, something the ex-boy wouldn't have liked and you always wanted to try:) hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry about the breakup. If you need anything call me. Seriously, I'll bring vodka!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Even though you weren't married, it hurts just the same!! I feel your pain! My husband left me for another woman after 26 years of marriage!!!! So I had to start over at the age of 44!!! Difficult times!!! People want you to look on the bright side to cheer you up. But truthfully you just have to grieve for awhile. Take it one day at a time!!!! I will be praying for you!!
    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the movie as well. I haven't seen it in awhile, I will have to add to my Netflix.

    I'm sorry to hear about the breakup :( I've been through way too many and know the heartache and how tough it can be (totally respect your privacy though about not opening up about it).

    I think you're on the right track-retail therapy and having plans with friends. As trite as it sounds, it just takes time, which just sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so sorry to hear about your break up. I know how that feels as I am going through it right now as well. Although, everything works out for a reason (as corny as it sounds) and you will be better off for it.

    Keep truckin on!

    ReplyDelete