Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Ten Reasons Why Being Single Rocks
So today is ten things day on the blog. If you're new to the blog, every wednesday I post a "ten things" list...sometimes about food, sometimes not. In light of the recent changes in my life, today's list is ten reasons why being single rocks. These ten things apply specifically to me, but I hope you single ladies (and even the attached ones) can relate!
1. No jealousy. You can have friends of the opposite sex without worrying about your significant other being jealous and insecure. And you don't have to be worry if they are flirting with other people, giving out their number, etc.
2. Being free to go out with your friends whenever you want, for however long you want. This one is probably my favorite because the boy and I did not have mutual friends, so it was either spend time alone together or spend time apart, which left a lot less time for my friends. And the passive aggressive "go out and have fun but I'm going to hold it against you later" BS gets old.
3. Only having to clean up after yourself. It's nice not having to wash other people's underwear or clean their hair out of the sink. Gross, right??
4. More money! This obviously does not apply to every relationship, but it did to mine. It's nice spending your hard earned cash on yourself than spending it on someone else! Yay retail therapy!
5. More time to go to the gym. When the boy was living with me, I very rarely actually made it to the gym, especially when I started letting him take my car everywhere because his piece of shit van stalled all the time. I missed working out in the morning.
6. Lax personal grooming habits. This one may be TMI, but it should be recognized. Obviously when you're in a relationship, it's expected that you will keep up with a certain grooming schedule (i.e. shaving your legs every couple of days, closing the door when you go to the bathroom, not checking your tissue to see what color your snot is, etc.) but when you're single, you don't have to worry about any of that!
7. Pink sheets. Or in general decorating however the F you want to. If I want pink sheets, I can get them. If I want to splash a room with flower photos, I can do that. The girlier the better!
8. Blasting the heat without hearing complaints. I like it hot! Now I can turn the heat up to 75 or 80 instead of having to wrap myself up in blankets to stay warm or risk hearing a tirade about how hot it is.
9. Cooking smelly food. It's nice to roast brussel sprouts and not have to hear whines for days about how the house smells. I think roasted brussel sprouts smell delicious.
10. No junk food. This is by far the biggest one. I can go to the supermarket and not have to worry about the boy being with me, putting crap in the cart, or having to keep unhealthy snacks in the house because that's what he eats. No man food messing up my diet!
What do you love about being single? If you're not single, what do you miss about being single?