Thursday, March 3, 2011

Weigh In

Hey guys!

So the Break Up post is now my #4 most viewed post of all time. Apparently y'all like a sob story. Such gossip hounds! It's cool, I'm the same way. I love hearing/reading about other people's drama. Although I do much prefer when it's someone else's and not mine, but what can you do?

So last night was my weigh in for Weight Watchers. I actually didn't go to the weigh in, I just weighed myself at home (which is leading me to ask myself why I am even paying to be a member) but I digress. I am down 1.2 pounds from my starting weight! Not a whole lot, but hey, every little bit is a little bit that isn't sitting around my waist or on my ass.

I have been pristine with my workouts and eating since Monday as well (as I mentioned in the Break Up post, an entire box of Honey Smacks may have been consumed over the weekend). I am back on the wagon for my half marathon training finally. Technically the 12 week program would have started this week, but I extended mine out to 16 weeks just to be extra safe and it's a good thing I did because I haven't been sticking to my training plan for the first 4 weeks, so actually I'm right where I should be!

Breakfast every day this week has been a yogurt bowl (no pic because at this point I'm sure you're sick of seeing it). Lunch yesterday was whole wheat tortellini with zucchini. It was absolutely delicious. Other than cereal, I really don't eat a whole lot of carbs like pasta or rice, so when I do have them, it's like a little slice of heaven. I am loving the natural light in this photo. Usually I take lunch pictures at my desk at work and the lighting is obviously not optimal.


















Dinner was the cranberry walnut salad with chicken that I mentioned the other day and forgot to take a photo of. Well I remembered to snap one last night!

















I love this salad, especially with the chicken heated up. There's just something about warm chicken in a salad that amps it up a notch, you know what I mean?

Tonight I have dinner with my lovely friend Emily downtown at Max and Dylan's. We both have been dying to go there for a while now. The full review will be coming at ya tomorrow! I know it's been a while since I've done a restaurant review, I've been trying to save my pennies and eat at home more because Mint.com tells me every other day that I have exceeded my monthly food budget. Apparently I dine like a Rockefeller. Whoops.

Do you eat out a lot or make meals at home? Do you love hearing/reading about other people's drama too?

10 comments:

  1. Eat in mostly. I like knowing what goes into my food. Plus, I've never really enjoyed spending a ton of money on something you're gonna crap out a few hours later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your break up. Its good to see that you are focusing on something healthy though! Its so sad to see people spiral down after a loss (which a break-up really can be!).

    I'll be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to cook, and I love being able to go to my frige and pull together a meal. But I'll be honest - if I haven't done the planning, my morning meal comes from the drive thru. Morning is the worst time of day for me, especially if I haven't eaten so I really struggle to make good choices unless one is staring me in the face.

    I found your blog from your comment on Katy Widrick's blog post and thought I'd come say hi. I also love reading about peoples' dramatic lives so I knew we were kindred spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love when the chicken is warm on salads, especially on cobb salad. aka my favorite salad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to cook and I love the idea of leftovers for lunch (which reduces my prep time) so I definitely eat in more these days. I used to go out thinking it was more convenient. It's not - not on my wallet, time or health.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like chicken and craisins in a salad. I would house that thing!
    Congrats on the loss! That's great!
    Looking forward to your review. I've heard good things about that place. Oh and I'm a total gossip hound!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love photographing food in natural light so much more! That's another reason I'm excited for spring/summer.

    I rarely eat out. I feel guilty spending money and knowing there is food in my fridge to be eaten.

    Why is it that we enjoying knowing about other's personal business?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay -1.2lbs is a success!! Especially through all the stress you have going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have done weight watchers for three weeks and gained and lost the same damn pound over and over. Argh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pasta looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete