It's ten things Wednesday! (This would sound so much better if it rhymed, so I get a fail for alliteration). Semi-inspired by my good friend Melissa's Three Things Thursday, I thought I would make a list of my own of things that are really getting to me lately.
Yes, I am not so secretly an angry person.
1. People who talk on their cell phone on the bus. Or in the supermarket. Or really anwhere in my general vicinity.
2. The cost of concert/play/art show/musical tickets. Most shows of Mary Poppins are going for $150 a ticket. Who HAS that kind of money? How are poor people like me ever supposed to get cultured when tickets are a car payment?
3. The 5 dollar footlong Subway commercials. Please. Make. It. Stop.
4. People who leave their phone on vibrate. The bzzzzzz sound really gets to me. Especially if it's every 5 seconds. If you're seriously that popular, just keep checking your phone and turn the vibrate off.
5. Daylight savings time. I love that it's light out later now, but seriously, for the first few days I feel like I have jet lag. It's only an hour, but for some reason it makes me feel like a zombie, minus the whole eating-people thing.
6. Can I ask you a question? Can you do me a favor? Can I get your opinion? Just come out with what you want. Don't waste my time with extra questions. I don't know why, but this really bugs me.
7. Line straddlers. You know these people. There are 2 lanes open at the store and they stand in the middle of the two so that they can hop in the line of whichever one is going faster, thus leaving you in the slower lane.
8. Automated system outerspace. Every company has an automated phone system now, so when you actually have an issue and have to call, their number selections never match your exact issue. You have to press 15 numbers to finally get to the crux of the problem, which then transfers you to a customer service representative. Why didn't I just get a customer service representative to begin with?
9. Not enough or too much of the bread or an appetizer at a restaurant. If four people go out to dinner, there should be four pieces of bread brought to the table, not three or five. This just creates awkward situations, because everyone wants that extra slice of bread. Same goes for appetizers. If there are two people, bring out two arancini, or four. Never three. I don't know why restaurants do this.
10. Airlines. It's not enough that I pay astronomical prices to fly, but then you have to charge me $25 to check a bag?? To add insult to injury, many airlines don't even offer snacks anymore. (JetBlue, you are the exception, I love you and fly you whenever I can...xoxoxo). Not only are snacks not offered, but when I order a diet coke as my in-flight beverage, give me the whole CAN. Why must you be so cheap???
What's really bugging you lately? Get it off your chest!