Happy ten things day! Since it is almost the end of the 1st quarter of 2011, I thought I would revisit my new year's resolutions and give you a little update to where I'm at.
1. Save more money. Fail. I have not managed to save any money, but on the bright side, I have set a goal of being debt free by the end of this year. I am on the right track to do that and am making fantastic progress so far.
2. I will stop being a time nazi. Fail. I still get really really antsy when waiting for someone, and still find myself getting irritated when they are even a minute late. Case in point, during my dinner party a few weeks ago, I had thought Danielle was going to arrive at 5:30, but she didn't get there until almost 6...my first comment to her when she walked in the door..."you're late!!!!!!"
3. Bake less, cook more. Win! I have definitely been cooking more than I have been baking, but I can't deny my baking bug when it strikes me.
4. I resolve to stop resolving to give up coffee. Win! I have not said ONCE this year that I am going to give up coffee. I did just resolve to stop spending so much on Starbucks and start drinking the free coffee at work instead though.
5. Eat a more varied diet. Win! I have been trying to incorporate new and foreign fruits and veggies into my diet and at changing up the foods in my usual dishes to get a wider variety of nutrients in my diet.
6. Be better about strength training consistently. Fail. I have no idea why this is so hard for me. I can easily talk myself out of a strength workout, saying to myself "oh you don't need it" but when it comes to cardio I say "NO! You MUST work out." I wish I had that same kind of determination with strength training. I really have to work on this one.
7. I will not wait until the "GET GAS NOW!" light comes on in my car. Win! I have not let my car get below E since the beginning of the year. Mostly because she is very sick and needs her transmission rebuilt, so I haven't been driving her very much.
8. I will try to watch more adult TV programming. Fail. My DVR is still full with almost all teenager shows, which the exception of Grey's Anatomy and Survivor. I have really tried to get myself into some other shows with no success (The Event, Blue Bloods). I can't help myself.
9. I will stop buying bottles of OPI nail polish. Win! I have not bought a single bottle of nail polish this year. Instead, I have been trying to salvage some of my older polishes and considering them "new."
10. I will stop at just one cookie. This one is a huge gigantic FAIL. I still have yet to eat only one cookie at one time. NO self control.
How are you doing on your New Year's resolutions? Win or fail?