This week has been a series of wins and fails for me. I have been successful in my healthy living endeavor in some ways and came up short in other ways.
- I made it to the gym every morning this week
- I have been drinking at least 3 bottles of water a day (20oz bottles)
- I had veggies in every meal yesterday...pumpkin (butter) in my oatmeal (hey, it counts), salad for lunch, and brussel sprouts for dinner.
- I got hit on by a 75 year old man and a 5 year old boy this week (this could also be labeled as a FAIL but I'm counting it as a WIN)
- Tuesday I went to the Melting Pot. Enough said.
- Thursday night I had pizza and ice cream for dinner
- I fell asleep by 8pm on the couch 2 nights this week
- Two days this week I lost the cookie battle and had a moonpie (two chocolate cookies with peanut butter in the middle for those of you who have never heard of these little bites of heaven)
- I haven't been stretching after my spin classes.
Speaking of spin, this morning's workout was a 1 hour spin class (I have been taking spin Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings). I have proclaimed my love for spin before. It is one of the few workouts that I can do that keeps me motivated, keeps me working at my hardest, and not staring at the clock the entire time (although I will cut a bitch to get a prime spot on the bike within view of the clock outside the studio). Other workouts have me thinking this:
Breakfast was oatmeal again. I have been really feeling the oatmeal this week...and as you guys know, I tend to eat the same thing over and over again until I get sick of it. I got sick of the egg white omelettes I had been craving the past few weeks and switched over to the oatmeal. Once this stint is over I will most likely switch over to cereal again. And the cycle continues.
Tonight is date night for the boy and I...last Friday we were supposed to go to Bosphorous but ended up at Masona Grill instead, so tonight will most likely be Bosphorous. Side question - do you guys have any suggestions for good date ideas besides the usual dinner and a movie or bowling? Something outside of the box?
I have a full weekend planned including a trip to NH and a Whole Paycheck date with my bloggie friends. Have a good weekend!
P.S. I totally DVR'ed the royal wedding and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I got a glimpse of Kate walking into the church while I was at the gym. Oh my gorgeous. Oh and the boy doesn't know it yet, but this totally may be part of our date night in lieu of a movie ;)
What is your favorite workout? Have you ever tried a spin class?