Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Sort of Blogiversary

Today is my last day of training in DC until mid-March. As much as I love DC and think it's one of the most gorgeous cities on the planet, there really is nothing like home. I will be back to my regular blogging schedule tomorrow with more guest posts coming when I come back to DC next month. Thanks to the girls who guest posted while I was away :)

In other news, today is my one year blogiversary!
























(source)

The reason why I titled this post "my sort of blogiversary" is that while I officially started this blog on February 17th, 2010, I took a long hiatus in the middle. I have been consistently posting since August and that's when I feel my "true" blogiversary is, to be honest. All the same, I have to at least celebrate the formation of an idea that led me to where I am now with this blog.

Reflecting back on the last year and looking back at my older posts, I realize how far I have come with this blog and how many great people I have met in real life and met virtually through this medium. The blog has become so important to me over the last year, and it is something I can honestly say I could not imagine my life without it. It has brought me so much joy and entertained me endlessly. Even if no one read my blog (but am so so so glad you do) I would still do it just because I find it so much fun sharing my life. I hope you continue to read and comment.

On a lighter note, I found a ladybug outside my hotel room this morning. That's supposed to be lucky, right? Or is it only if they land on you?















I get really excited to see ladybugs because that means spring is coming! It has been really warm in DC since I've been here and I am absolutely loving the weather. I know when I go home to Boston it's going to be colder, but I know I have warmer weather to look forward to!

After training yesterday I headed over to CVS to pick up nail clippers and an emery board because I broke a nail and spotted this:























Yes that is correct. They have made a Snuggie for DOGS. I know some of you will be unnaturally happy about this but really? Dogs already have built in snuggies called fur. Ridiculous.

After hijinks at CVS, I decided to have dinner at Boston Market. Yes, I know that there are Boston Markets everywhere and I'm supposed to be eating at area restaurants, but for some reason I have been craving mac n cheese for DAYS. I was hoping the craving would go away, but it was not to be denied, so I finally caved today. I ordered the half white chicken with mac n cheese and green beans.

The mac n cheese hit the spot. The chicken was delicious, and who can turn down cornbread? Who says fast food can't be fresh, delicious, and (kind of) healthy? Ok not really, but at least my chicken was all white meat and I did get a veggie instead of mashed potatoes. Close enough.

While coming out of Boston Market, I spotted this place and knew I had found my dessert:















I got chocolate frozen yogurt with loads of candy toppings. I am well aware that the candy toppings completely cancel out the healthiness of the frozen yogurt and I am perfectly ok with that because it was GOOD.















I'm sure most of this container went straight to my ass and thighs, but if it's any consolation, I only filled the container up half way, so the damage could have been a lot worse. Plus I only have froyo every once in a blue moon so I figure I'm justified in going a little overboard, right??

What are your favorite froyo toppings? What do you do when a craving for something hits you, give in or resist?

16 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! I have to admit, I have a doggie snuggie for my mini doxie! He has really short fur and HATES being cold, so every once in a while he likes having it on. Plus it's just funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary :)

    I definitely give in to cravings... within reason. I've found out that its my body's way of telling me that it needs something, so I go with it. The trick is figuring out the difference between a craving and a want ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary!

    I love mac and cheese. Yum. You've gotta eat what you want sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy sort of Blogoversary! I think that when you have a craving, you just have to go with it! My favorite toppings at fro yo places consist mainly of cereal (yay Fruiti Pebbles!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayy for a ladybug - I say if it's close enough to be photographed - it's lucky! :) Happy sorta bloggie anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 1/2 Blogiversary to you! I kind of did the same thing, 1st post is March, but didn't really start till Septemeber! Reading your post, made me VERY hungry! My favs for toppings are kiwi, white chocolate shavings and graham crackers also mochi when at Pinkberry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogiversary! I love your DC monument pictures. I am such a history nerd and am planning to go back to visit in the summer (why, since it will be 400 degrees, I'm not sure). The froyo looks so good!! I've always been a fan of the half nilla/half chocolate combo with graham crackers, chocolate syrup and peanuts on top. Now I'm really, really hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogiversary! That's super exciting!

    I have to say that people do say that lady bugs are good luck but I can't stand it and want it gone!!!

    My favorite toppings are usually fruit and something crunchy like a cookie (Oreos preferably)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blogiversary! I'm so glad to have stumbled upon your blog and have become friends with you!

    That snuggie is more than ridiculous. I can't believe people would buy that. Boston Market mac & cheese is the business! GET IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That frozen yogurt looks amaaaazing. I can practically taste it! Nice choice in topping, too.

    Happy anniversary of the creation of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogoversary! I had frozen yogurt today too. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 1 year!!! That yogurt looks amazing! Not gonna lie I think it would be worth every calorie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your one year! I travel a lot for work too, but it's always so nice to get back to your own bed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy blogiversary! I've had my blog for a little over a year now and have met so many great ladies through it. I just wish I was more involved with the bloggers in my area but not so much. And I agree, it's great going out to dinners with bloggers and no one hates on you and your camera.

    I will fess up-I bought my dog a Snuggie and he hated it. I took pictures of him and he was glaring at me. Boston Market has some of the best, creamiest man n cheese--yum :)

    ReplyDelete