Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Ten of the Worst Valentines Day Gifts
1. Snuggie. I know some of you may think this is an awesome gift, but it's not. Anything that says "Just Like on TV" is not an acceptable gift.
2. Tools. This happened to my mother once, true story. She cried. It was ugly.
3. Love coupons. The gift that keeps on giving, right? Wrong. All love coupons do is show your significant other just how lazy and cheap you really are.
4. A Gym membership. Nothing says I love you like I think you need to go to the gym...because what that really says is "get your ass in shape fatso"
5. A tattoo. This may be the worst gift ever. If you get one for yourself with your honey's name on it, that shit is PERMANENT. Unless you plan on only dating people with the same name as your current squeeze (or you think you're going to be together forever you think) you are going to regret that ink.
6. Singing stuffed animals. Yes, it's fun to press the tummies of every single one of them at Walgreen's just to annoy the people that work there, but it's not fun to actually get one.
7. Electrical appliances. Pointing out the domesticity of your wife or girlfriend is not going to go over well. Yes, she wants appliances. As wedding gifts from cousins, not from her husband or boyfriend when she is expecting jewelry or flowers.
8. Money. Sure everyone loves money, but giving your girl money shows her that you couldn't be bothered to put the thought or effort into getting her an actual gift. Though some girls might actually like this, I think it's horribly tacky.
9. Christmas candy. Nothing says cheap like getting candy off the clearance rack just because it happens to be in a red box and could possibly be passed off as Valentine's Day candy. You're not fooling anyone cheapskate!
10. Anything Valentine's Day themed. Mugs, keychains, t-shirts. Anything that says or implies Valentine's Day is not a good gift. These are generic gifts that you get when you have absolutely no idea what else to get...wise up boys. Get flowers.
What is the worst Valentine's Day gift that you've received? Anything to add to this list?