Happy snow day #567 this year folks! To celebrate yet another day on the couch because it's too crappy outside to do anything but indulge myself in my favorite guilty pleasures which include...
1. Teenager shows. A lot of my friends make fun of me for this, but I LOVE me some teenage drama TV. My favorites include Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, Hellcats, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Skins, Teen Mom, and Make It or Break It. I am owning this one big time. I cannot get enough of these shows.
2. Yoga pants. Normally these would not be a guilty pleasure, but I don't wear yoga pants to just yoga. I wear them everywhere. To the gym, to the supermarket, even to dinner sometimes.
3. All things shiny. I love glitter, sequins, and all things shiny. This is why the majority of my shoes are patent.
4. Strawberry Creme Peeps. I know it's all sugar and chemicals, but they taste so damn GOOD. I can eat several packages of these in one sitting sadly.
5. 80s love songs. Peter Cetera, Huey Lewis, Chicago, REO Speedwagon...I actually have a full playlist on my ipod dedicated to 80s love songs.
6. Twilight (and other paranormal young adult novels). I read all four twilight books in a week. No I didn't sleep, I didn't work, I just sat and read Twilight. These kind of books are like crack to me. I actually just finished a 3 book series about a teenage troll (who looks like a normal teenager) called Switched by Amanda Hocking. For those of you who liked Twilight, you will enjoy these too.
7. Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks. I have made no secret about my obsession with Starbucks, but the caramel macchiato is my kryptonite. This is the drink I get 90% of the time and relish every. single. sip.
8. Humor websites like icanhazcheezburger.com, damnyouautocorrect.com and peopleofwalmart.com. I literally could waste an entire 8 hour day on these websites. They are by far the most hilarious websites I have ever seen.
9. General Hospital. I know Melissa is with me on this. I have been watching GH since I was 7 years old. It had gotten harder to keep up with it when I was in college (before DVR, the horror) but I now tape it everyday and watch it.
10. People watching and judging what other people are wearing. I know this one is awful, but I can't help it and it makes me happy. I love sitting somewhere and watching people walk by and thinking to myself, "nice shoes" or "Ew, I can spot that fake handbag a mile away, what WAS she thinking?" Yes I am that shallow. Sorry I'm not sorry.
There are so many of these, I literally could have gone on forever...but what I really want to know is, what are YOUR guilty pleasures? I'm dying to know!