Happy Wednesday guys! Last night was uneventful as I am still recovering from being sick over the weekend. For whatever reason, I seem unable to shake it. I am exhausted still and my stomach is still not feeling 100% right. Hopefully taking it easy this week will help me finally fully recover and get back to normal. I miss feeling healthy.
So since it's Wednesday, you know what that means...Ten Things! I have an obsessive personality. When I find something I love, I use it/play it/watch it to death until I can't stand it anymore. It's all I talk about. I irritate friends and family by my incessant rantings about whatever I'm loving at the moment. It may be a personality disorder and it may explain my tendency to facebook stalk. Either way, I embrace it as who I am.
Aside from what you guys already know that I'm obsessed with (Starbucks and crappy TV) here are ten of my latest obsessions that I wanted to share with you. In no particular order:
1. Peppermint extract. This was the key ingredient to the frosting on my chocolate cupcakes. This stuff doesn't come cheap ($5.99 for a teeny tiny bottle) but a little bit goes a long way. Next I will have to try the butterscotch extract that Tina keeps talking about.
2. We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver. I absolutely loved this book. It is one of the best books I have read in a really long time. It is spectacularly written and gripping. If you are of my generation (graduated HS around 2000, this book may be of particular interest to you because it was around the time of Columbine, which was a scary thing when I was in high school).
3. MAC eyeshadow. I really don't know why it took me so long to be sold on Mac eyeshadow. For the longest time I have been swearing by cream eyeshadow by Nars and Benefit, but honestly, there is no comparison.
4. Pom Arils. I had never had pomegranate before this season (pomegranate flavored things yes, but not actual pomegranate). These are unfortunately a seasonal item so I only get to enjoy them for a short time, but I plan on taking full advantage. My next experiment in the kitchen may be Emily's Pumpkin Fig Pomegranate Upside Down Cake.
5. Dexter. The boy and I ordered the first season on Netflix and have breezed through the first eight episodes. Everyone had been talking about this for a while, but honestly, Showtime has always been the redheaded stepchild of the pay channels for me and there was no way I was ever going to pay to get Showtime. This show might actually make paying for it worth it.
6. Sauteed Brussel Sprouts. You guys have been seeing me eating these by the pound lately. For whatever reason, I have been craving them all the time. There are worse things to crave I suppose...but the poor boy hates the smell of them. I did get him to eat a small one the other night but I don't think they will be entering his regular veggie rotation any time soon. Which is fine with me, all the more for me!
7. My new Canon Rebel. I am more than obsessed with this camera. This may be my best purchase ever and I'm only sorry that I didn't buy a DSLR camera sooner. The pictures are unbelievable compared to my old point and shoot. Even though the boy and my cats are getting really sick of having a camera in their faces all the time (Bailey is frequently giving me looks of "bitch I will cut you if you put that thing in my face one more time") I can't help myself. I am now a compulsive picture taker.
8. Sequins. This is one fashion trend I have always kind of hated, but recently I have found myself strangely attracted to sequins and even went so far as to purchase a sequined shirt. Who am I??
9. Sabatino's Italian Kitchen. Menu and Locations here.This is a little Italian restaurant that I can't seem to get enough of these days. I have eaten there probably at least three times in the last two weeks. I have loved everything I have gotten with the exception of the garlic bread. It's nice to have a go to restaurant in my new neighborhood.
10. Angry Birds. In case you live under a rock and have not heard of this game, it's basically you slingshotting some angry birds at some happy pigs through obstacles. The object of the game is to kill the happy pigs. This game is crack. I cannot stop playing it. If you have a smartphone, download it. And if you don't have a smartphone, who are you? This is 2011.
What are you currently obsessed with or loving lately?