Friday, February 19, 2010

Oatmeal Take Two

Because I'm sooo original, I am having the exact same breakfast as yesterday only with my favorite chobani flavor, pineapple, and with my entire oatmeal portion in tact because I learned my lesson from yesterday and used a bigger bowl. The oatmeal has pumpkin butter in it again today and even though I know it's not really the season for pumpkin, I eat it year round because it's just that good. I actually buy it locally from a company called the jellymaker's daughter. Best pumpkin butter I've ever had, and it only has 5 ingredients, all of which are natural :)

I'm going to be perfectly honest here, and say those blasphemous words that will make every fellow food blogger and health enthusiast gasp in shock...I don't love oatmeal. I like the things I stir into it, but as for oatmeal itself, eh. I will say it does fill me up in the morning like nothing else, but I wish I could learn to love it. I know they say eat foods you like so that you don't feel deprived and can stick with it in the long term. But let's be honest. Foods I can stick with in the long term contain cookies, candy, cheese, and bananas. In that order. Since I know that does not consitute a healthy breakfast, I will stick with the oatmeal and stir in some cookie pieces or chocolate chips into my oatmeal tomorrow ;)


I also had a cup of coffee...as much as I try to give up coffee, I always come right back to it...



Calorie Counts:
Coffee - 60
Oatmeal - 250
Yogurt - 160
Granola - 120
Banana - 100
Total - 690

On a different note, as I indicated yesterday, my lazy ass could not get the motivation to get out of bed yesterday morning, therefore I am moving yesterday's scheduled workout to today, which is back & biceps with a 3 mile interval run. Then I'm going to pig out on dinner with my friend Jimmy. See you for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment