Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Successful Oatmeal Cooking!

Oatmeal for breakfast today. I figured out the secret to not having the oatmeal boil over, aside from using a bigger bowl. Not cooking it so long. I took 30 seconds off the cook time (right before it was about to bubble over) and it worked. I don't really like my oats mushy anyway, so it worked out well. In the oatmeal is 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1/4 cup of craisins, and a handful of slivered almonds. It was very good! On the side I had my usual cup of coffee, and of course, a banana.





Calorie counts:
Oatmeal - 400
Coffee - 60
Banana - 100
Total - 560

Update on my giving up artificial sweeteners thing. I need some suggestions as to natural sweeteners to use (have heard good things about agave, anyone have any thoughts on that?) because I really can't drink unsweetened coffee :(

No comments:

Post a Comment