Wednesday, December 29, 2010
My New Years Resolutions
1. Save more money. Money burns a hole in my pocket, I can't save money for anything. So my goal by the end of this year is to build up an emergency fund. I will make Suze Orman proud. Probably. If I don't find a really cute pair of shoes on sale or the latest tech gadget doesn't catch my greedy eye that is.
2. I will stop being a time nazi. I am crazy about time. I am always a half hour early for everything and I can't stand it when people are late. I get really stressed out when someone else makes me late or I am running late because of traffic, etc. I'm sure the boy and my friends will appreciate this resolution!
3. Bake less, cook more. Baking has always been my strong suit, but all the sampling and enjoyment of my baking does not help with my weight loss goals. I resolve to get more creative with my cooking and bake less sweets.
4. I resolve to stop resolving to give up coffee. I know I've said I was giving up caffeine many many many times before. But really, I know I need to do it. And I never do. I'm basically just a big old hypocrite for constantly saying I'm going to give it up and then I don't. I love coffee almost as much as I love cookies and I would NEVER give those up so why should I give up coffee? Life is too short not to drink coffee. The next time I say I'm going to give it up, feel free to slap me.
5. Eat a more varied diet. I have a tendency to find something I like and then eat it over and over again until I get sick of it, which is not ideal nutritionally. This is attributable to my laziness. I usually just don't have the energy to put any thought or creativity into my meals. I aim to change that.
6. Be better about strength training consistently. The problem with my workouts is that I am a cardio queen...but really slack off when it comes to strength training. I get into this horrible cycle of strength training and being really sore after because it's been so long since I've done it that I go another week or two before I do it again, thus being sore after again.
7. I will not wait until the "GET GAS NOW!" light comes on in my car. I do this all the time and I know one of these days I'm going to get stuck on the side of the road in a shady neighborhood and the factory rims on my 2001 Honda are going to get stolen.
8. I will try to watch more adult TV programming. That's not to say that I will give up any of my teenager shows (Gossip Girl, Secret Life, Pretty Little Liars, etc.) but I need more balance in my TV watching life if I ever want to actually, you know, mature. I will also stop watching every John Hughes movie when it's on TV. Molly Ringwald is not a proper role model. But she does look damn good on Secret Life.
9. I will stop buying bottles of OPI nail polish. 50 or so bottles is enough, don't you think?
10. I will stop at just one cookie. That's right. No more shoveling a half a dozen cookies into my mouth anymore. Or the equivalent amount of cookie dough. This has to be my worst habit and let's be honest, the amount of cookies I consume (while they make for good blog convo) do not flatter my figure. I should start a cookie eaters anonymous support group. Make that resolution # 11.
Do you set resolutions? What are your New Years resolutions for 2011?