Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ten Things I'm Thankful For

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! In honor of Turkey Day I'm using this Ten Things Wednesday as an opportunity to name the things in my life that I'm most thankful for. A lot of other bloggers are posting recipes, how to make a turkey, pies, etc. And while I will be attempting my grandmother's fried breads as promised, I also want to stop and realize that even amongst the chaos of my life, I have a lot of good things going for me :) So in no particular order:

1. Cookies. This goes without saying. If I wasn't thankful for cookies, The Cookie Battle would never have been born. Neither would my spare tire, but that's a story for another day.















2. Love Notes. The boy has always written really good love notes and I am thankful for that because I always find them when I least expect them and they always put a smile on my face. Sometimes they don't rhyme, and sometimes they are really cheesy, but it still makes a girl feel special :)


3. My kittens. As much as I complain about what pains in the asses they are, I love them and am thankful everyday that I adopted them from my friend Marilyn. I consider myself a dog person, but these two girls have changed my life. I couldn't imagine not having them.

















4. The internet for giving me the ability to stalk people that I'm not really friends with, haven't seen in years, and ex-boyfriends. Nothing makes me happy quite like knowing the intimate details of someone else's life via their status updates, profile, and facebook photos.



















5. Trader Joe's. I am thankful for Trader Joe's on a daily basis because they make some of the most delicious food on earth. I could spend hours a day browsing the aisles of Trader Joe's and I read their flyer from cover to cover in rapture like it's a Dan Brown novel.















6. Really bad reality TV. Specifically shows on VH1. I Love New York, Tool Academy, Shot at Love...the list goes on and on. I have watched them all. Twice. I love me some trashy TV. There is nothing more entertaining than watching the trashiest people on earth make complete asses of themselves on TV, but do it all in the name of love. It warms my frosty heart.

















7. Seasonal flavors. Pumpkin, cinnamon, lemon. I love seasonal flavored items. Specifically beer and coffee. But I also love the reappearance of pumpkin and gingerbread every fall and berries every summer. Of course, all of the flavored items also happen to be the worst things for you, but oh well, they are damn good. Chick-Fil-A chocolate peppermint milkshake anyone? Oh my yum.





















8. SoapNet. Singlehandedly the best channel on TV. Seriously. How does it get any better? Reruns of 90210, the OC, and One Tree Hill???? As well as playing daily reruns of soaps (not that I need this because I DVR General Hospital everyday and I have given up on the rest of them). All they need is reruns of Dawson's and I seriously would never watch any other channel ever. The person who invented this channel should be awarded the peace prize because every nation can bond over reruns of 90.



















9. Digital music. This has to be the greatest technological advance ever. For someone as obsessed with music as I am, back in the day I used to haul a CASE of cassette tapes around with me along with my yellow Sony walkman (you know those were the SHIT back in the day) and then after that, still lugging around a CD book. Now all I need to carry is my little iPod and it has every song I have on it. Any song I want at the click of a button. Thank you Apple, for making the world a better place.















10. Great friends. The cheesiest one. This one really hit home for me yesterday when I realized that over the last few traumatic years of my life, I have had a few friends that have really helped me through and I am so grateful for them. I am grateful for Danielle who has really shown me what a great friend really is (love you D) and for Briar, who has been my friend since we were little, and even though we've had our times where we lost contact for a little while, she has always been there when we found our way back (love you B). And for the rest of my friends, who literally get me through life everyday. I love you guys :)































What are you thankful for?


3 comments:

  1. I AM THANKFUL FOR YOU! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Just found your blog and wanted to say hello! Love all the things you are thankful for and think it is adorable that your hubby sends you love notes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, I wish New York would make another show. I need her in my life!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete