Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekly Goals and Blog Stuff

HI guys! It's Monday :( Although the good news is, I am traveling this week so I don't have to be in the office. Bonus. So today I wanted to outline my goals for the week, because I have fallen off the health wagon HARD. We're talking face first, and I'm a hot bloody mess that's how hard I feel off that wagon. So to get back on track, every Monday I'm going to set my goals for the week and do my best to attain them.

1. Go to the gym for a 5:30 class Monday - Thursday. They have a different class everyday at 5:30 so I will get variety in my workouts and won't get bored.

2. Work out at least one weekend day, whether it be just going for a walk with a friend, a hike with my boy, or hitting up the Sunday Bodypump class.

3. Limit myself to one dessert item per day. This one is harder than you think. Desserts fuel my existence. That's no exaggeration. It's especially hard when I made pumpkin cupcakes and they are just sitting on my counter begging to be consumed. I hear them calling as I'm writing this.

4. Focus on eating more veggies. This one is relatively easy because I love veggies, but sometimes, they aren't the quickest things to grab and eat when I'm in a hurry, so hopefully my schedule this week will be light enough that I won't have to always be eating in a hurry.

5. Spend one hour a day doing something just for me that makes me happy and I enjoy. This could be reading a book, watching General Hospital, or just laying on the couch cuddling with one or both of my cats. Decompressing time, if you will.

These are all easily attainable goals I think outside of number one. The reason getting to the gym at night is so hard is because I lose motivation by the end of the day to go. But going in the morning hasn't been happening for me lately either since my bedtime has been pushed back to a happy medium between when I would like to go to bed (9:30) and when the boy would like to go to bed (12) so we usually hit the sheets at about 10:30. I NEED at least 7.5 hours of sleep or I am useless.

Now on to the blog stuff. I've been contemplating some things about the blog lately, including introducing a weekly "feature item." I've noticed that a lot of blogs have these. One (or in some cases more) day a week, a blogger posts a theme item on a given day. I've done some test blogging with a "Ten Things" type of post, where I listed my top ten bucket list items and my top ten things I hate about the gym, and the response was good, so I think every Wednesday I'm going to start posting a "Ten Things" post. As you have also have probably noticed, I will not be posting on the weekends for the most part, unless something really merits posting. I would welcome any other feedback on content, what things you would like to see or what you don't want to see. I love your ideas!

1 comment:

  1. I don't post on the weekends either. I have better things to be doing :)

    I can help you reach your goal of watching GH. We can email to discuss episodes. Yes, I'm a dork like that.

    ReplyDelete