Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bicentennial Post

Hi y'all! This is my 100th post! YAY! Cue the confetti!

I started this blog wayyyyyy back in February with the idea of using it as basically an online fitness journal. I ended up getting sick of seeing myself writing the same things everyday took a spring hiatus. I finally got back into it in July after re-evaulating what I was writing about, my format, and just the blog overall since I wasn't happy with it before. I made several changes over the summer to the blog and have been committed to it ever since. I just want to thank you guys for reading, for commenting, and just being there :) I'm excited to continue on my journey to a healthy life and to share it all with you. I won't say that I've come a long way, because truthfully I haven't, but I do have a long way to go and writing this blog daily keeps me accountable for the things I eat.

Now onto the food ;) It's been a long time since I posted an entire day of food, so I thought today, on my 100th post, would be the perfect time.

Breakfast this morning was pumpkin oatmeal with walnuts and 1/2 scoop of protein powder. Pumpkin butter really rocks my world. If I could only have one condiment for the rest of my life, this would be it. I also had a half a grapefruit, sectioned up for me by the boy this morning since he randomly got today off. Which also means I get driven to and picked up from work today.
















Mid morning snack was a banana. (Picture actually from yesterday, but you guys know what a banana looks like).


















Lunch was leftover lemon chicken with some quinoa. I realized after I had gotten to work that I should've packed a veggie to go with the chicken and quinoa.

















I ate lunch in the kitchen today and noticed out the window, there was a hay maze next to the farmer's market outside, which I thought was really cute. Had I not been wearing high heels today, I may have gone out and taken a little jaunt in the maze. I think it was really only for kids though, because it looked to be only about 2 or 3 bales high, which even a shorty like me can see over (thus defeating the purpose of the maze). I feel bad for tall kids. They don't get the full effect of the maze.
















It was a gorgeous day outside today. Perfect weather. I wish every day was like this. Afternoon snack was a tall pumpkin spice latte and a slice of reduced fat cinnamon swirl coffee cake from the 'Bucks. I can't help it, Starbucks is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET. How can I not go? Seriously, I held off all morning, but it was all I thought about. If I didn't go, I was going to have a panic attack, I swear. The coffee cake was delicious by the way, even though I looked it up after I ate it and discovered that that tiny piece was 340 calories. Oops.

















Tonight for dinner the boy decided to cook. He made tacos. He doesn't cook often, so when he does, it's a nice treat. I typically prefer ground turkey in my tacos, but since he was cooking he got to pick. At least he strained the beef after cooking to get rid of some of the fat. They were delicious. I am crazy about red meat.
















Now it's off to the couch to catch up on the DVR. Later gators!

2 comments:

  1. I wish the Starbucks near me weren't so far away....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You feel bad for tall kids and I feel bad for short women!! I'm a woman who is 5'7" tall and I still battle with my weight! If you're 5'2" you have to eat like a bird!!! I'm 48 but still hoping I hit a growth spirt!! I could be at goal weight if I could just get up to 6' tall!! HAHAHA 8]

    ReplyDelete