Monday, October 25, 2010

Super Easy Lemon Chicken

Hi there! I thought I would bring you one of my absolute favorite (and easiest) recipes that I made last night. Super easy lemon chicken. This recipe is great because you can double it and just keep the extra in the fridge to reheat, use in a sandwich, or top a salad. Also, the boy wanted me to tell you all that he gives it two thumbs up. 


Ingredients:
1lb of thin sliced chicken breasts
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil
2 tbsp of minced garlic
Thyme

Start out by browning the chicken pieces with the salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic, and thyme. When all of the pieces are browned, return all the chicken to the pan and add a few splashes of red wine vinegar. Bubble until reduced. While that is bubbling, chop up 2 lemons:






















And chop up some potatoes for roasting or make some rice, whatever you would like your sidedish to be. I chopped up some red potatoes for the boy and a sweet potato for me:
























Toss your potatoes with salt, pepper, and olive oil and roast at 415 for 20 minutes, flipping half way through. Now add 3 tbsps of honey and 2 tbsps of soy sauce along with dried parsley to the chicken:
























Add 1/2 cup of hot water and the lemon slices. Let the mixture bubble down until it's syrupy. This takes about 10 minutes. Add the roasted potatoes and a vegetable to your plate and enjoy!






















From beginning to end this meal takes about a half hour. The chicken serves four. Until tomorrow bloggies!


What's your favorite easy go-to recipe?

1 comment:

  1. yum! that whole plate looks amazing! I think my go-to meal is mac and cheese with broccoli, and salmon burgers. or homemade pizza on Flat-Out wraps. we aren't terribly creative in my house. ;)

    ReplyDelete