Thursday, October 7, 2010

Did Someone Say Va-Jay-Jay?

So it's finally not raining here and Boston but it's still cold and dreary. So much for a nice fall. We are going to go straight from this into winter (my most hated season). Boo.

Breakfast this morning was an egg and cheese sandwich on a whole wheat english muffin. I thought I had cheddar slices but it turns out I only had colby jack and had to use that. I was a little skeptical about how it would go with the egg, but it actually turned out really good. I of course forgot to take a picture. I really do have to be better about that. Lunch was the last of the leftover steak tips and some chips and salsa. Snacks today were a banana (unpictured), a plum, and a sliced green bell pepper.
















I did manage to make it to the gym this morning despite my overwhelming urge to reset the alarm. My goal was 4 miles on the treadmill and I did just that with some improvements over last weekends treadmill run. First mile was at 5.0, second at 5.2, third at 5.5, then a quarter mile at 5.7, and the remaining 0.75 miles at 5.0 for recovery. I felt awesome after this run for some reason. I got off the treadmill feeling like a million bucks. I guess some treadmill days are just better than others!

Here is an interesting article I found on CNN today (for you ladies): 5 Secrets You Shouldn't Keep From Your GYN. I love my gyno despite the awful things she does to me.
















Source



I think finding a doctor that you are comfortable with is extremely important. Keeping things from your doctor could effect your health in many ways, so finding a doctor that you can openly communicate with without fear of being judged about being a little promiscuous is critical. For those of you who read but don't know me personally, I have been through some things healthwise and my doctor has been indispensable over the last five years (no worries, I'm perfectly ok and still have working parts). But that is a post for another day.

Speaking of vaginas and working parts, another thing I want to point out was actually a post from a fellow Bostonian, The Ketchup Diaries, about Teen Mom. I too love this show. I don't know what it is about it that keeps me coming back, but damn I love disfunctional families and whiny teenage girls and I love watching their lives on television. I love these kinds of blog posts. Anything that fuels my obsession with crappy reality TV and knowing there are other people who have the same sort of sick obsessions makes me feel good about myself :)

Does anyone else watch Teen Mom? Who is your favorite? And do you have an open relationship with your gyno?

1 comment:

  1. I had an open relationship with my gyno, but I left him because he would always get jealous when I saw other gyno's.

    ReplyDelete