Monday, October 18, 2010

A Little of This, A Little of That

Good morning!

It's finally my last week (well, partial week) here at the job and I am EXCITED. I have Thursday and Friday off for a little rest and relaxation. I'm very much looking forward to sleeping in, going for a run outside, and meeting some of my old work friends for lunch.

My weekend was hectic and crammed full of stuff to do, but the highlight of my weekend by far was dinner with this girl:
















(And the rest of the Lamberts of course). Camera fun while waiting to be seated at Olive Garden. OG is so delicious, but there is always a wait. And waiting is that much more fun when you have 2 hungry kids and 3 hungry adults. I didn't photograph the food, but let's just say that I was NOT shy with the bread basket. I did save half my entree, but the calories saved there went to the Pumpkin Cheesecake naturally. At least I split that with Ben, so all in all the damage could've been a lot worse. Olive Garden is really hard to resist.

Another highlight was going to see the Social Network finally.


























I really liked the movie. I had heard oscar buzz before I saw it, but I have to be honest, it wasn't THAT good. I will say however, that watching the film really makes you appreciate Mark Zuckerberg's genius. He took a shell of an idea and made it into the biggest thing of our generation. Justin Timberlake as Sean Parker was an excellent choice, but man JT was looking ROUGH. I know that was sort of the point with all of the hard living Sean Parker was doing, but at the same time, some of that was on purpose and some of it was not. He just looks old. Which makes me feel old. Ick. Either way, I highly recommend going to see it if you haven't yet.

Now on to the good stuff! I had a spin class this morning, which was a good thing, because I hurt my left knee somehow. I first noticed it during hiking with the boy saturday morning. Maybe I came down on it the wrong way, but it's a little achy just about all the time, and when I land on my foot in a certain way, I have a sharp pain underneath my knee cap (any knee experts out there maybe know what I did to it?) So low-impact spin was the perfect thing this morning. I don't have a scheduled run until Thursday so hopefully by then it will have gotten better. I am going to ice it a little after work today and see if that helps.

Breakfast was an egg and cheese on an english muffin that I made at home.
















I was really craving one on the way home from the gym, but as soon as I finished it, I wanted more. So I added a banana and a couple of handfuls of wheat thins. That should hold me over until lunch.

Anyone else see the Social Network? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. Not a fan of the OG, but pumpkin cheesecake sounds great.

    I haven't seen Social Network, but have heard great things. Glad you liked it! Hope your last week flys by!

    ReplyDelete