Sunday, October 3, 2010

Marini Farm Corn Maze

Sunday night is the most depressing night of the week. The weekend is over and it's back to work :( But since today is Sunday Funday, I went to the Marini Farm Corn Maze with my lovely friend Danielle in Ipswich.





















We actually got the tickets  for the maze on buywithme which including the hay ride, corn cannon, and jumping pillow (we skipped the corn cannon and jumping pillow). It was freezing out today, I even had to wear a coat and at the time was really thinking I should've worn a scarf and gloves. Typical time through the maze was 90 minutes. When we arrived we were greeted by the Hay Man.


























After watching a short instructional video about the maze and repeating the seven commandments of the maze out loud in a group like we were first graders, we were off!




















Everyone is given a large flag when entering the maze just in case you get lost and want a maze person to come get you (I was contemplating using this near the end, the maze is serious business). You are also given a game book with two puzzles, a word puzzle and a picture puzzle with the clues hidden in the maze. D and I didn't get all of the clues, but seriously,  by the time you get to the end of the maze, you couldn't possibly give a shit because you've been wandering amongst corn for an hour or more. I highly recommend bread crumbs hanzel and gretel style...or at least bring surprise because wandering around for an hour makes you HUNGRY. Finally we made it out, and took a happiness picture!




















We made our way over to the hot food stand and both got a hot dog and grilled apples with honey.




















The apples were only so-so but the hot dogs were good. To add to the ambience of the farm, there were tables with hay bales for seats, which excited my inner farm girl. Because I'm a shorty of course I had to double bale it ;)





















After lunch we took a hayride through the farm, which was a lot of fun as well. We had a great time overall. I love fall.

Anyone else done a corn maze yet this fall? Or have any fun fall plans? Halloween is coming!

3 comments:

  1. I hav eNEVER been to a corn maize, but wow I think I want to. Its so perfectly fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you guys are so cute :) miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled across your blog. Thanks for the great comments about our maze! I love the picture you took.

    Michael Marini

    http://www.facebook.com/marinifarm

    ReplyDelete