Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Swear I'm Not an Addict...

There is a serious downside to my new job. Proximity to coffee shops. You guys remember how I tried to give up caffeine a few months back? Well I never really told you but that failed miserably as it usually does. Now, I'm just as addicted as ever.
























Within 2 blocks of my work there is a Starbucks, a Dunkin Donuts, a Peet's Coffee, and a Bruegger's. This is not going to be good for my wallet. The wallet has already taken a hit having to pay for parking everyday, so the coffee addiction that I often try to fight has reared it's ugly head again since I accompanied my boss over to the 'Bucks yesterday afternoon and ordered a Pumpkin Spice latte. It was everything I remembered. Mmmmmm.

























Breakfast this morning was an egg and cheese sandwich on a whole wheat english muffin.

















Mid morning snack was a banana.

















Lunch was a big mouth sandwich with a side of cookies...which I ate at Starbucks and I got a second coffee today. No, I have no willpower whatsoever. At least I only got the tall today instead of the venti. No need to go crazy or anything.

So it's confession time. I haven't been to the gym all week. I'm still trying to adjust to my new schedule. It's hard having the boy here since he keeps me up later than I'm used to, therefore making me too tired to go to the gym in the morning, and then at night I never have motivation to go. It's a vicious cycle. I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things by friday. I hate how I feel when I don't work out in the morning. But I also hate feeling tired.

I would be interested in you guys' advice. How do you keep a routine with the gym? What do you do when you just don't have the motivation?

2 comments:

  1. I pack my gym clothes and sneaks in my gym bag the night before. Then in the morning I just grab it on my way to work. It motivates me to go to the gym at night when I already have everything in my car. I head right to the gym from work Mon-Thurs and it has been working out so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think about the end result. I think I would feel better about myself having done the work out and would regret it if I didn't. I can't really excuse my way out of it then.

    Hope it helps! :)

    ReplyDelete