Friday, October 22, 2010

Go Big

Having the day off is priceless. Granted, I did pretty much absolutely nothing with my day yesterday besides get caught up on my DVR, but you know what? It feels SO good. Breakfast yesterday and this morning was cereal.

Lunch yesterday (and probably today too) was a big salad! In case you guys haven't noticed yet, I like my food big. Big salads, big mouth sandwiches, big cookies the size of my head, etc. You get the idea. Sometimes big is good, like with the salad. In the mix went mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, olives, fresh mozzarella, and the dressing was the "juice" leftover from my favorite Trader Joe's salsa. YUM.


















Dinner last night was a trip to the Olive Garden with the boy to celebrate my new job (I know, we are wicked FANCY). You can hardly ever go wrong with the Olive Garden. Sure their portions are ridiculously huge (in this case big is a bad thing) but that just means two tasty meals instead of just one. The key to going to Olive Garden is to always save half of your entree. Tonight I got the Chicken Sacchetti with marinara instead of cream sauce. I always get marinara instead of cream sauce for two reasons. First, cream sauce is not worth the calories you waste on it (some people would disagree, but I just don't love it) and second, I find that marinara compliments chicken and cheese filled pasta so much better. If fetuccini is your dish, get the cream sauce. 

















For dessert I got the pumpkin cheesecake (of course) but I neglected to take a picture of it, so here is an old one from a few months ago. Yes, I am a pumpkin cheesecake habitual offender. I get it every time I go to Olive Garden when they have it (alas it's only a seasonal item). I finished all but a few bites. I didn't split this with the boy because for some ungodly freakish weird reason, he doesn't like cheesecake. I know, I know. How is that even possible? Beats the shit out of me. He got the apple crostada (or apple crisp for us not so fancy Americans). Clearly not even worth taking a picture of it when I had this lovely concoction in front of me.

















Before dinner, the boy and I went for a run on the Waltham Bike Path. Our goal was to run the 2 miles to our turnaround point and then walk the 2 miles back...but my knee had other plans. The minute I started to run I could feel every single step vibrating in my knee. At first it was bothersome, but not too bad, but as the run progressed it started to become painful. So we stopped and walked. I tried running a couple of more times and then finally just gave up. I know better than to run through actual pain. I'm afraid I might have to go to the doctor :(






















On a lighter note, I thought I would share one of my latest obsessions with you. I discovered this song on this week's episode of One Tree Hill (I'm well aware I am only 1 of about 23 people who still watch the show, but I can't help myself) and ever since I first heard it, I've been obsessed. Songs like this don't come around often. This song touches my soul. I can't wait to get her CD. If you're so inclined, give it a listen.





What is your song of the moment? Has anyone else had knee problems?

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... song of the moment is "Like A G6"! I can't get enough.

    I had a lot of knee pain as a result of ITBS... hope not to see that again. Hope yours feels better!

    ReplyDelete