Saturday, August 28, 2010

Hooray for the Weekend!

Oh Saturday, how I love you! Since working pretty much sucks (you all know it's true) Saturday is typically the highlight of my week. Thank god the rain in Boston finally stopped to give us this gorgeousness...

So, not to let it go to waste, I went for a run this morning. I'm surprised how easy it's been to get back into it. I am still slow and even slower since I took so much time off, but I ran 4 miles today with no walk breaks at all and still felt like I could've kept going at the end. I averaged an 11 min mile pace, but you know what? 4 miles is 4 miles and I'm proud of it :) That brings me to a total of 12 miles this week, and I'm going to try to keep it at that for a month because I really don't want to get injured at all (have had both plantar fascitis and knee problems in the past). Pre run I had a pecan pie lara bar (yum).

For lunch the fuzz and I went to Cheesecake Factory and I ordered the Navajo, which is basically grilled chicken, avocado, tomato, onion (which i asked for without) and a chipotle mayonnaise. Wow oh wow. This sandwich was so awesome. Must get again. Cheesecake Factory is always overpriced but we were in the area running errands and the other options were not really appealing, so we settled on Cheesecake. Not pictured was a side salad with balsamic that was also quite delicious.
























I'm off to browse through some cooking magazines to see if I can find a good recipe for bread pudding. What a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon right? Well it was tiring running all those errands, and I actually see a nap in my future as well with this pretty girl...






































What does everyone else have going on on this beautiful saturday? Does anyone else think Cheesecake Factory is overrated?

No comments:

Post a Comment