Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Zumba Gets A Thumbs Down

Good morning!!!! Excellent news this morning. My bestie just had a beautiful little baby boy :) I'm going to see them this weekend and I cannot WAIT. Love you B :)

So as you all know I was heading to Zumba last night for the first time. I had high hopes, after all, The Fitnessista loves it. Well let's just say I will never be taking Zumba again. Cardio for sissies. I felt like I needed to go for a run after just to get a real sweat going. I had no idea what I was doing and told the instructor that I was a newbie, yet she didn't explain anything she was doing, just expected us to sort of follow along. And seriously, what is with all the spinning? That's not dance. That's just spinning. I will not be taking Zumba again. I would rather spend an hour doing actual cardio.

For breakfast this morning I had to do a little improvising with my oatmeal. I am out of walnuts and dried cranberries and really no other nut or dried fruit really cuts it for me in oatmeal so I scoured my cupboard this morning to see what I could come up with. And there it was. With a beacon of light shining on it. Nutella. Oh. My. God. Why have I not thought of this before? Chocolate nut butter oatmeal? Delicious. I practically inhaled it and I am sitting here now very satisfied. Everyone loves dessert for breakfast, right?

On the menu for lunch today is turkey meatballs and wheat pasta. Then off to spin tonight! I did not make it to BodyPump this morning due to my overwhelming morning laziness lately. I will do a little abs and arms work tonight after spin class to make up for it. Off to work now!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I don't know how I came across this post, but I actually teach zumba and I feel the need to defend it. Although I agree that it is NOT for everyone, it is still an awesome workout. Atleast the way I teach it. It depends on the teacher so don't judge it by going just once, some teachers are more dancey...others more athletic, and you have to relax and get into the music and not be afraid to move, and you'll get your sweat on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Zumba last week for the first time and I DID go for a 5 mile run afterwards! But, my abs were sore the next day so it must have done something. And it was kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete