Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wet and Dirty

Get your minds out of the gutter! I just got back from an amazing run in the rain :) As I told all of you earlier today, I have joined a running group and this evening was my first run...a 4 mile rain on the Waltham Bike Trail (which is a mixture of pavement, wood, and sand) and I came back wet and dirty!
























I had to stop and walk for a few minutes twice but all in all it felt awesome to be running in the rain on a beautiful trail with some nice company :) I had a carrot cake lara bar right before the run and it didn't sit well in my tummy half way through the run so I have to be sure not to do that again. Back to my old standby of a banana with nut butter as my pre-run fuel. I am very happy to be back in the running spirit, I really did miss running.

On another note, one of the girls I ran with tonight was wearing Vibrams! How exciting is that? I have been so curious about them and would love to try them out but am afraid of them. I am a heel striker and have heard they take a lot of getting used to if you're a heel striker. I may take the plunge though, we will see. I will have to think about that some more. Would any of you ever try Vibrams?

No comments:

Post a Comment