Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Upstaging Olive Garden

In case you didn't already know, I am a HUGE fan of all things pumpkin. In the spirit of fall, the fuzz and I hit up Olive Garden Sunday night since I had heard their delicious pumpkin cheesecake had made it's way back on to the menu. Indeed it was and of course I ordered it. Typically, the presentation is a little better than this...















There was a TON of whipped cream. All but two bites got eaten between the two of us and I have to say it was everything I remembered.

A few years ago, Real Simple published a recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake that I have tweaked over the last few years, and if I have to say, my pumpkin cheesecake is just a tiny bit better than Olive Garden's. I will be posting the recipe and photos later tonight or tomorrow morning as my work is hosting a "bake-off" and I'm making the pumpkin cheesecake as my entry :) I hope I win :)

Breakfast this morning was Kashi cereal again (I cannot get enough of it these days) and am having leftover Olive Garden for lunch. I ordered the chicken parm with raviolis instead of spaghetti (I've always kind of hated spaghetti...or like the little girl in the commercial for Tyson chicken nuggets says, I hates pasketti because it looks like worms). I also brought along a banana for a mid-morning snack.

On a happy note, I am all moved in and settled into the apartment finally! Filled up the refrigerator yesterday, took the garbage out, and hung up all my pictures so now it's a home :) I will be walking around taking some photos tonight to show you guys the finished product. I know I  haven't talked about it much on the blog but my last living situation was a BAD decision and probably my biggest regret from the last few years. I only lived there for 2 months but it was some of the longest and most uncomfortable moments of my life. It even trumps in college when we were all labeling our toilet paper. I actually got a call from my roommate last night after I moved out accusing me of stealing a bookcase. Really? This experience definitely reminded me why I've chosen to live alone since moving out of my Southie apartment. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Have you had any bad roommate situations?

No comments:

Post a Comment