Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Goal Setting

Reading Rachel's blog today inspired me to write down and commit to a few goals for the rest of the year. It's been a rough couple of days for me, so I think having some goals to focus on will keep me sane.

1. Try cooking all of the recipes I have been meaning to make forever. I have flagged a bunch of recipes in my cookbooks and saved a bunch of blog recipes and online recipes in a folder but have yet to actually attempt to make any in quite a while. It's time they stopped collecting dust and made it into my belly!
2. Throw a really fabulous dinner party. This one goes along with number 1 since I have a few great dinner party recipes in my folder. Plus I just moved into a new apartment and want to show it off!
3. Make more of an effort to stick to the workout schedule I make myself at the beginning of the week. I set workout plans for myself every week but very rarely follow it. This keeps me from accomplishing my goals of toning up, becoming a better runner, etc. It's important to get my workouts in.
4. Be a better blogger. It will be easier now that I have finally moved and am not living out of boxes. Taking pictures with my phone really stinks. But I haven't been able to find my camera charger since I got back from the Dominican, so hopefully it makes a reappearance when I finish unpacking. I also want to be more consistent with my blogging and to incorporate my other passions into the blog in addition to the food.

What are your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment